On Wednesday, Nov. 6, MUSC will celebrate National Eating Healthy Day with the American Heart Association. We will join millions of men and women across America as they pledge to live a healthier lifestyle. MUSC wants you to join in the celebration by submitting a photo of your healthy meal on Wednesday, Nov. 6 in MUSC’s My Plate Challenge.
By participating, you could be chosen randomly to receive one of the following great prizes: $10 gift card for lunch at Verde, a $25 gift certificate Fields/Pinckney Farm or a $25 gift card from Sodexo for use in MUSC’s cafeterias.
There are two ways to enter MUSC’s My Plate Challenge:
- On November 6, post a photo of your healthy lunch (or dinner) on Twitter or Pinterest using the hashtag #MUSCeathealthy.
- Email a photo of your healthy lunch (or dinner) on November 6 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don’t forget to include your name and phone number so we can contact you if your name is drawn.
Things to keep in mind:
- Photos should be submitted only on November 6, between 12 am to 11:59 pm.
- One entry per person, please.
- Meals should be HEALTHY! Please use the USDA’s MyPlate Guidelines, as well as a list 10 healthy tips for building your healthy lunch.
- MUSC employees, students and non-employees are welcome to participate.
- MUSC team members will be available in the main hospital and ART cafeterias from 11 am to 1 pm on Nov. 6 to take photos and submit them to the challenge on your behalf, if you wish.
- MUSC will post all submitted photos on our Pinterest Board “MUSC Eat Healthy Lunches”
- Five random entries will be chosen to receive a gift certificate from either Verde, Fields/Pinckney Farm or Sodexo.
- Winners who are chosen will be notified in this way: those who post directly via Twitter will be announced via Twitter @MUSCHealth. Those who post via Pinterest need to be sure they are connected to either Facebook or
Twitter via their Pinterest page so that we can contact them. Those who submit photos via email will be notified by phone (if provided) or email.
- All winners’ names and submitted lunch photos will be posted here on our Community Blog.
- Want more info or one-on-one tips? Stop by the MUSC Children’s Hospital lobby on Wellness Wednesday, Oct. 30 from 11 am to 1 pm. Dietitians will have play food available to help teach you how to optimize your plate.
The Seinsheimer Cardiovascular Health Program at MUSC provides comprehensive, integrated preventive care for patients with heart disease risk factors and patients with established coronary heart disease. Our medical team works to empower our patients to take an active role in their care with the help of personalized risk profiles and tailored strategies for healthier lifestyles. We’re proud to help our patients on the road to heart health—and encourage you to take the first step by eating a healthy lunch on Nov. 6.